Hosts Scott Fiedler and Phil Naessens discuss the news regarding a couple of possible Coronavirus vaccines and the fellas share their thoughts regarding successful sports parenting and much more from the Sports Academy at Brookwood Camps Canteen.
There seems to be good news in that a Coronavirus vaccine may be in the cards as two companies announce very successful test trials and will now look to the FDA for emergency approval. The guys share their thoughts and more.
What makes for successful sports parenting? Scott and Phil have been coaching for decades and share some of their experiences that will help to make your child’s sports experience much more enjoyable.
Youth sports are important to both fellas and will be discussing several topics this winter and will go into greater depth on the program including but not all;
- How young is too young for a child to participate in sports
- Focusing on just one sport too soon
- What coaches should and shouldn’t do when developing students
- Gurus and why you should avoid them
- The difference between coaching high-performance athletes and coaching kids who just want to have fun
These are just some of the topics that will be covered in The Canteen. The guys will also occasionally discuss topics such as;
- Horse Racing as a Fantasy Sports
- Fantasy Sports
- MLB Baseball
- NBA and NCAA Basketball
- NFL and NCAA Football
- Tips on being a successful summer camp counselor
- What campers can expect on their first day at Brookwood
- What parents can expect when sending their kids to camp for the first time
Please join the guys every week as they share their thoughts, answer your questions, and much more. Please use the comments section to share your thoughts, questions, and concerns and we will answer them in The Canteen.