Welcome to the Brookwood Camps Canteen!! Join hosts Scott Fiedler and Phil Naessens as they discuss youth sports in America from how young is too young to begin, specializing in one sport too soon, and much more!
Scotty and Phil begin by with missing camp last season due to Coronavirus concerns and they are excited by the thoughts of a possible vaccine as well as hopefully returning to the Sports Academy at Brookwood Camps for the 2021 summer!
Parents and Coaching have always been an interesting situation and the guys discuss this topic on today’s podcast.
Youth sports are important to both fellas and they briefly touched on several topics they will go into greater depth on the program including but not all;
- How young is too young for a child to participate in sports
- Focusing on just one sport too soon
- What coaches should and shouldn’t do when developing
- Gurus and why you should avoid them
- The difference between coaching high-performance athletes and coaching kids who just want to have fun
These are just some of the topics that will be covered in The Canteen. The guys will also occasionally discuss topics such as;
- Horse Racing as a Fantasy Sports
- Fantasy Sports
- MLB Baseball
- NBA and NCAA Basketball
- NFL and NCAA Football
- Tips on being a successful summer camp counselor
- What campers can expect on their first day at Brookwood
- What parents can expect when sending their kids to camp for the first time
Please join the guys every week as they share their thoughts, answer your questions, and much more. Please use the comments section to share your thoughts, questions, and concerns and we will answer them in The Canteen.